Wireless TV Sender - That doesnt need tv to have scart socket

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by 4fingers, Sep 20, 2005.

1. 4fingers

4fingers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am now in halls for University and I was hoping my £40 indoor aerial would be able to pick up some digital signal for my freeview box but it doesnt sadly.

I have checked my post code and it says that freeview is transmitted in my area so I am not going to give up yet.

My idea is that there is an outside aerial that comes in at the kitchen but for me to take a wire from the kitchen to my room across the hall doesnt seem the best idea so I was hopeing to get one of these Wireless TV Senders that can transmit the signal wirelessly.

The problem comes is that the 2 I have looked at requires me to have a scart socket to be plugged in at the recieving end to the tv/freeview box. BUT my set up is that I have a freeview box for my computer and it can only take a aerial input.

So do any of you know of any Wireless TV Senders that can transmit the signal from the out side aerial then recieve it a few metters later in my room and then connect via a aerial input?

Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I'm not aware of any video senders that can have the transmitter connected directly to an aerial. What I would suggest is that you get a cheap Freeview box for around £30 and plug that in to the outside aerial and then transmit the output to your PC. Get one of These video senders that can connect via an RF aerial connection to a TV or PC etc.

Mark.

3. 4fingers

4fingers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you I will look into that.

4. thefair1973

thefair1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    do a search on ebay for an RF Modulator. I had the same issue trying to send SKY+ up to my bedroom, as I'm waiting until after xmas to upgrade to an LCD, my current tv only has an RF (arial) input. Now I just use a scart lead from teh wireless receiver to the modulator and an RF cable from the modulator to the TV. It only provides Mono sound, but good enough for me.

5. alistair.rees

alistair.rees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have actually bought a tv sender that has video + 2 audio going out to a scart for the tv. the tv i have upstairs however does not have scart so i have used one of those video+2audio - video+2audio cables to connect the 2 but don't seem to be having much joy.

is it likely that the cable i am using will not work ever just because i am overlooking something?

sadly i don't have an additional tv with scart to test it on so i dont know whether it is faulty or not.

Can anyone help?

Would the suggestions previously made around the RF modulators be of use here in this scenario at all since there is of course an aerial socket?

thanks for any help that anyone can offer me

6. Adrian_F

Adrian_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Are you selecting the AV input on the TV Remote before trying to view?