Wireless Tom Tom GPS charging cable

strid

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, some assistance if poss. I've got Tom Tom via my ipaq 2210 which sits nicely in it's tom tom custom car cradle. (Perhaps 3ys old now). This cradle has a port in which receives power from my cigarette lighter and, a port out which is a network style 'hole'. This cable take power to my wireless tom tom GPS reciever and it's this lead which is broke. Anyone know what this power carrying cable is called so I can purchase another / know where to buy one - again, one end is similar to a network point.
Many Thanks :lease:

picture of, and power equipment?, should be able to charge it via USB?, what model is the reciever? a PSP charger or tom tom mains charger for 500/700/900 series should work

I do alot of driving, usually +8hrs a day so I often have to boost up the battery on the GPS which is what this cable does......any suggestions please?

Attachments

• SAT NAV 002.jpg
    SAT NAV 002.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 212
  • SAT NAV 001.jpg
    SAT NAV 001.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 254
It's one of these.

If you can wait a day I'll see if I can find the one I've got in the garage which will be cheaper. ;)

That does look like it - however, on your photo on the metal end the lead ends at the black ring.....on mine there's a small piece of metal which has broke emitting from and protruding perhaps 3mm from and after the black ring, so, has it broke on the lead which therefore is different from yours or is the metal actually from the inside of the GPS receiver????? Oh dear, the plot thickens

Can you either remove the embedded images or resize them to 800 pixels max as they're making the thread very hard to read. ;)

There shouldn't be anything protruding so it does appear as though the pin has broken from the receiver. Compare it to the socket on the cradle, they should be identical.

Can you either remove the embedded images or resize them to 800 pixels max as they're making the thread very hard to read. ;)

There shouldn't be anything protruding so it does appear as though the pin has broken from the receiver. Compare it to the socket on the cradle, they should be identical.

Thanks for your help, no male end inside the GPS receiver so thats broke and thats what I need. Thanks again

Last piece of advice please, I assume bluetooth GPS receivers are universal
and I may buy any brand, I don't necessarily have to but a Tom Tom one?

Thanks

Yes, any BT receiver will work. I would recommend a Sirf III chipset.

Battery life of a modern unit should be at least 8/9 hours but be aware that most (all?) now use a mini USB connection to charge & I'm not sure if a cable exists to do that from your cradle.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom