1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless telephone connection

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by kriswood5, Oct 26, 2004.

1. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Wonder if anyone can help me. I want to relocate Sky to a new room without a telephone socket and am trying to avoid having to have a new telephone socket fitted in the new room. Therefore, I am wondering if there are any wireless telephone connection products that would allow me to plug the sky digibox into it, which would then transmit the signal across to a receiver that is plugged into the BT phone socket via an ADSL filter (i have broadband)?

Any ideas much appreciated. I have seen products that can transmit a telephone signal via the 13amp electcity circuit but this is not compatible with ADSL so any other ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks, Kris

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    You only need to transmit the phone connection part of the phone line, not the ADSL part, so why can't you use the gizmo that sends it down the mains?

3. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maplin told me that this device is not compatible with ADSL as it will interfere, is this not correct?

4. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I can't see why it would affect the ADSL after being placed after the filter, i can only imagine there being issues if you wanted to extend the line through the mains, and THEN plug a microfilter and modem in after it.

Although i could be wrong, i would double check with Maplin first as i don't see what the difference would be in plugging a phone straight into the micro filter or extending the phone line via the mains.

5. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. I think i will purchase the system from Maplin and try it out, they have a 14 day money back exchange policy so this is probably the best bet.

6. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried it and it didnt work so am now trying to get a phone extension installed instead.