Wireless sub with a denon avr X1600H

steveclarkson

Novice Member
Hi all

After upgrading my 18 yo Yamaha to the Denon X1600h AV amp I am a bit behind the times! I would like to put a sub on the far side of my room, 3M away from the amp, without any speaker/line in cable. Is there a way I can do this?

I have seen adapters online but not sure if they are any good. Maybe I don't need one if I use Heos, but there's not much info out there on mixing Heos speakers with wired in the same room.

Thanks
Steve

dante01

Distinguished Member
There's no integral provision for a wireless sub onboard your AV receiver, but you could buy a sub that includes the ability to connect a module to the sub pre out on the AVR and send the associated signal wirelessly to the sub?

REL make subs that include integral wireless capabilities that can be utilised in conjunction with their own Arrow wireless system:

steveclarkson

Novice Member
There's no integral provision for a wireless sub onboard your AV receiver, but you could buy a sub that includes the ability to connect a module to the sub pre out on the AVR and send the associated signal wirelessly to the sub?

REL make subs that include integral wireless capabilities that can be utilised in conjunction with their own Arrow wireless system:

Thanks Dante01

Yes I have noticed the REL and Klipsch modules. I am trying to keep my budget under £300, but you have given me some ideas :)

SVS seem to do a transmitter for any sub. Quite pricey though! Maybe I just place an omnidirectional sub next to my sofa near the AVR :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom