Wireless sub and router issues

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by furryhobnob, Aug 4, 2013.

1. furryhobnob

furryhobnob
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,315
    Hi guys I recently bought a yamaha soundbar complete with wireless sub, whenever I turn this on my wifi plays up from my router, when I try to connect via my phone it comes up with authentication error, as soon as I turn the sub off the wifi starts working again, I've tried changing the channel on the wifi but it's still the same, has anyone else had this issue, if so how did you sort this as it's doing my head in, thanks in advance

2. PC Nut

PC Nut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Your wirless is being saturated by the output of the speaker system (Wi-Fi pollution) in order for your wireless to work it needs a good signal to noise ratio, this is compromised by your setup of using wireless speakers, Only way around most of these issues is to use a dual band router with 5ghz this would mean changing most of your other wireless devices as they are probably not compatable unless they are highend devices bought in the past 12 months.

As a sidenote this also happens with wireless video senders because they also use the 2.4ghz band as well maybe your yamaha has a variable frequency selector switch to move away from that of your wireless internet access.

You may be able to slow your wireless router down ie 56mbits from 300mbits this will cut down the bandwidth and maybe enough to get some wireless signaling through all be it slower. This will effectivley reduce the compression level and alow a much smaller SNR level. (not all wireless routers support these changes only trial and error will you find out)
    Regards PcNut

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013