Wireless streaming onto old amp with only analog inputs

FF99

I would like to enable my old amp which only has analogue inputs, to access wirelessly, music stored on my Ipod / Android tablet, or accessible from my NAS over my wireless network.

I have found two options, a Logitech (or similar) Bluetooth gizmo for around £25 or a Sonos Connect for around 10x as much.

The Sonos seems over expensive for what I am trying to achieve (although I do already have Sonos Equipt and find it very impressive, I do not require any multiroom functionality for this music source) and the Logitech has the limitation that it operates only via Bluetooth and I am not sure how one would stream from the NAS onto it.

Is there anything inbetween the two, which would do what I am trying to achieve ?

I am pretty new to all this, so apologies for what is probably a very basic question.

gmp

Novice Member
I've got an old Sony SMP n100 wireless media player connected to an amp in kitchen that does the same job. You would need to do wireless set up initially with a tv but then you can use either the Sony Network Audio App or one of the many others (we use 2player), on your tablet to control playback from NAS or tablet itself. I imagine there are other wireless media players with analogue out and appropriate apps to do the same. Worth checking what formats your using for music on NAS and checking media player handles them ok.

As we have got Sony BluRay player attached to lounge AV Amp, we can synch playback on both via Sony's Party Streaming function. Not as good as Sonos, but a lot cheaper!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom