matttheboss

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, guys!
I need your help.

I'm looking forward to a wireless (no bluetooth) sound system with a 500-1000€ budget (less money is better :D).
In your opinion, it's better a soundbase such as Sonos Play:5 (or which one? Zeppelin Wireless? Mu-so Qb? Heos 7 HS2?) or 1/2 active monitors such as M-Audio BX8D3 (or which ones?) + Chromecast Audio?
I have a little room and I don't need an high sound pressure, instead I need quality, commodity of using and a simple PC connection (volume control, Spotify Connect...).
Thank you in advance!

Mattia

Wireless Speakers - do you mean wireless connectivity or control of the music you are listening too?

Wireless Speakers - they all require wires :)

System - you mention a PC and Chromecast any other devices in your system?

Joe

Are you looking for a soundbar/soundbase with expandable wireless capabilities?

Wireless Speakers - do you mean wireless connectivity or control of the music you are listening too?

Wireless Speakers - they all require wires :)

System - you mention a PC and Chromecast any other devices in your system?

Joe
1) I mean both of them.
2) I know they all require wires, but I was talking about wireless connectivity.
3) I have only PC and Chromecast Audio.
Are you looking for a soundbar/soundbase with expandable wireless capabilities?
Yes or as I've already told, I'm looking for an active monitor which, connected to Chromecast Audio, it turns into wireless.

Wireless - if I follow you simply want to control your music selection and Vol from a Phone or tablet!

Active Monitors - you will have to add a DAC or Mixer to the M-Audio units with the PC and Chromecast Audio wired to the DAC/Mixer and the DAC/Mixer wired to the Monitors.

Alternatively you go with a Stereo Amp with onboard DAC (for the PC) and then choose suitable passive Monitors.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom