• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless speakers

matttheboss

Novice Member
Hello, guys!
I need your help.

I'm looking forward to a wireless (no bluetooth) sound system with a 500-1000€ budget (less money is better :D).
In your opinion, it's better a soundbase such as Sonos Play:5 (or which one? Zeppelin Wireless? Mu-so Qb? Heos 7 HS2?) or 1/2 active monitors such as M-Audio BX8D3 (or which ones?) + Chromecast Audio?
I have a little room and I don't need an high sound pressure, instead I need quality, commodity of using and a simple PC connection (volume control, Spotify Connect...).
Thank you in advance!

Mattia

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Wireless Speakers - do you mean wireless connectivity or control of the music you are listening too?

Wireless Speakers - they all require wires :)

System - you mention a PC and Chromecast any other devices in your system?

Joe

matttheboss

Novice Member
Wireless Speakers - do you mean wireless connectivity or control of the music you are listening too?

Wireless Speakers - they all require wires :)

System - you mention a PC and Chromecast any other devices in your system?

Joe
1) I mean both of them.
2) I know they all require wires, but I was talking about wireless connectivity.
3) I have only PC and Chromecast Audio.
Are you looking for a soundbar/soundbase with expandable wireless capabilities?
Yes or as I've already told, I'm looking for an active monitor which, connected to Chromecast Audio, it turns into wireless.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Wireless - if I follow you simply want to control your music selection and Vol from a Phone or tablet!

Active Monitors - you will have to add a DAC or Mixer to the M-Audio units with the PC and Chromecast Audio wired to the DAC/Mixer and the DAC/Mixer wired to the Monitors.

Alternatively you go with a Stereo Amp with onboard DAC (for the PC) and then choose suitable passive Monitors.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom