1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by esieens, Jan 10, 2005.

1. esieens

esieens
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

I have already a nice home cinema setup - however we are moving home and my wife insists that she does not want to see any cables crossing the room from amp to rear speakers anymore.

So I'm looking for a 5.1 speakers system that offers wireless rear speakers.

Obviously I know the sounds won;t be as decent as my current Mission FS2 speakers but I would like to know if;
    1. Such speakers system exists (so far i've seen complete package including DVD player and I want to obviously se these speakers with my existing amp)
    2. what do you think of them in terms of sound quality and which one would you recommend.

Many thanks,
    David

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I can't comment on the wireless ones. But when we moved, it was an ideal opportunity (before furniture went in) to route all the cable along the edge of the wall under the carpet and up to wall mounted rear sats. They look very discrete. You can of course make them more discrete by chanelling the wall from the floor to the speaker. I got round this in one room by saying it needed decorating anyways, and no wife I know would object to a bit of redecorating :)

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    There are a number of 'wireless' packages out there but I think the term is somewhat missleading - the difference is that you dont wire the rear speakers to the amp but instead you have to plug one of the rear speakers into the mains to power their internal amplifier and then run a speaker cable between the 2 rears.

A friend has a very cheap version of this and I wasn't impressed with it and imo there wasnt much of a saving on the cabling.

I personally would go with the option of running the cable under carpet or under the skirting board and this will be much easier to do when you are moving house and can do it with an empty room rather than having the hassel of trying to do it arround large peices of furniture

4. esieens

esieens
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The wireless option seems perfect tom me - i have power sockets available. I could just hide rear speakers cables behind the sofa. However I cannot find any speakers package - it seems you can only find them sold with a DVD player system... am i wrong?

5. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I have just chanelled my speaker wires into the wall.
    I am useless at DIY but am really pleased on how it turned out.
    Papered and painted over the top and there is no evidence of where they are.
    Only problem is now if I ever want to move my speakers but I can live with that for a month or two!!
    Good luck
    Rob

6. nashb

nashb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Sony do them. Check their website esieens.

I,ve seen them on Soundandvision.co.uk but I have no idea of quality etc.

7. esieens

esieens
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nashb - been on the soundandvision.uk.com and sony websites and could not find any 5.1 wireless speakers system on offer.

Have I missed them?

8. 123orth

123orth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi
    i think sony only do the wireless version with their all in in package ie dav sr4w
    and also one of their lifestyle packages more than 1000£ though