Wireless speakers?

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doing some shopping recently I noticed that some speakers are wireless, with a neat little dongle on the back that feeds the signal to the receiver.

Why don't more manufacturers do these kind of speakers? I can't imagine much of a loss of quality as they broadcast digital radio, and that sounds pretty good broadcast from miles and miles away.

It'd certainly please the missus, and stop people worrying about 50 ft wire to their rears!

What does everyone think?

I'd buy them if not too expensive. Where did you see them, what make and how much? Sounds like a great idea.

Nothing special.

Just in Debenhams, part of one of those sony wega home complete systems.

Personally I don't trust speakers that slim! :(

Haven't seen any decent speaker brands doing them.

Don't see why though, I bet theres a huge market for them.

They may be wireless but they still need a mains cable. I understand that the reason that they aren't more popular is because they aren't very good.

Although digital radio broadcasts might sound good to your ear, in reality they are heavily compressed and poor quality. The reason why wireless speaker systems are not more predominant in higher end systems is because quite simply they are crap.

Thats a shame :(

Originally posted by Crustyloafer
Although digital radio broadcasts might sound good to your ear, in reality they are heavily compressed and poor quality.

Where else would you want it to sound good?

:laugh: you've made a young man smile again

I was interested in wireless speakers too, til I read this thread.

Originally posted by Crustyloafer
Although digital radio broadcasts might sound good to your ear, in reality they are heavily compressed and poor quality. The reason why wireless speaker systems are not more predominant in higher end systems is because quite simply they are crap.

Now come on! Stop mincing your words!!!!

........... they're OK as long they don't decide to tune into a local radio station though :laugh: :zonked:

Up until this point my Dad liked his wireless speakers :rolleyes: - he spent the next 20 mins switching them on and off, all to no avail - it was quite amusing watching him scratch his head in total disbelief - in the end he had the audacity to say that they were working fine unitl I walked into the room! :rotfl: :nono:

So the moral of this story is that if you have a set of wireless speakers, you're not allowed to get up from your seat until your program/film has finished - else you may inadvertently tune your speakers to another frequency.

Avoid at all costs!!:lesson:

Watch out for ones that go clickety-click all the time! My father has wireless rears like that, switching on and off when surround mode is detected/disappears.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom