WIRELESS SPEAKERS. YES or NO?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by NOLOGY, Apr 19, 2007.

1. NOLOGY

NOLOGY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. I the the new owner of a Pio PDP-427XD and a 696AV DVD player. I was thinkng of installing some wireless surround system, but to my surprise the salesman told me if i dont have pre-wiring installation its not worth it to have a surround system. Is it true or false? and if its false which surround system wireless always will you reccomend for my PIO ?

Take into account i am not a full demanding expert person that wants the best out of his home system, but a descent one that i can enjoy my movies. Also what amplifier?

2. CasDon

CasDon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Taking into account that wireless technologies have come on in leaps and bounds in the last 5 to 10 years it sounds to me like wireless could be alright for your needs.

Personally I still have a great deal against wireless mainly due to I cannot see how there cannot be a significant loss of audio quality from the output at the amp because of the transmission/reception process.

3. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,367
    I have got to ask. Why do you want/need wireless speakers, they still need connections to mains sockets.
    You talk of what amp to connect them to, well they normally only come with all-in-one systems, must admit never seen quality wireless speakers for sale.

4. NOLOGY

NOLOGY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for you replies. The thing is that i am not really what you say an expert. I am newbie on surround systems and plasma technology and i thought that wireless speakers you just install them, turn them on and thats it nothing to do more.

Thats why i didnt install wires and cables from the beginning of building my house beacuse i thought i can install wireless or satellites i dont know how they are called, speakers.

5. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    You are still going to need wires to the speakers to power them so unless you have sockets where you want the speakers to go you are still going to have the wire problem to sort out.

6. Merc

Merc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  7. CLIVEEDWARDS

CLIVEEDWARDS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I would have said no, but I herd some wireless floor standers at the bristol show made by canton and was surprised how good the were. The £2000 price tag may put off most people though. It would be cheaper to run new cables and buy a mid price speaker package.
    One day all our equipment will be wireless.

8. SimonTSM

SimonTSM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Reminds me of a system at some house I went to. The mains cable went from the rear of the room to the front and went into the same power sockets as the processor/transmitter. The whole day was of a man showing off about his AV system as he knew I worked in AV at the time. I hate having to nod and smile.

9. BOOMERANGBUBB

BOOMERANGBUBB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Nope!