Wireless speakers to old AV AMP?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by robst3, Jan 8, 2012.

1. robst3

robst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    My friend has an old SONY av amp which has one optic input but dolby surround at best. It has the standard wired speaker outputs at the back, ie front, front rear etc. Also has the matching wireless speakers and subwoofer.

Is it possible to connect from the AMP to the speakers (well at least the rear ones) wirelessly by using some sort of adaptor?

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Yes/No/Maybe. More information required. What speakers are they? What AV receiver is it? Were the speakers designed to be used with the AV receiver in the first place?

3. robst3

robst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    sorry, made a mistake in my OP, there is no wireless speakers anywhere in the set up. I don't know exact model cause it is in their house not mine. All the 6 speakers are wired and go with the AV amp.

Let me simplify the question.

Take a standard wired speaker with positive and negative connectors from rear of amp connecting via a wire (dual for + and -) to a speaker, can this be speaker be made to operate wirelessly from the rear of the amp?

4. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Yes. There are a few solutions around. I have no idea if they're any good though. I personally would look at hiding the wires using d-line conduit etc.

wireless-audio-products

5. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,409
    Also most of these wireless systems need a power cable to a central receiver module and then speaker cable from this module to the 2 rear speakers, so not entirely wireless. They also reduce sound quality so as above I would find a way to hide the cables.