Wireless speakers to go with existing setup

ParisV

I have a Denon AVR-X3500H, B&W 685s L/R and HTM62 center speakers.

I would like to buy some wireless rear book shelf speakers.

Can anyone recommend any?

I like the look of the Kef LSX speakers but don't get how they would connect to the Denon receiver wirelessly

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I don´t think you can add wireless rears with that Denon. Yamaha is only one atm with the support for wireless surrounds and you also have to use Yamaha Music Cast 20 speakers then. It only works for 5.1 too so quite limited. @ShanePJ can correct me if there is some other way. To my knowledge only the HEOS receiver from Denon supports wireless surround speakers (Denon Heos).

ParisV

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member

Yes, but not to be used like the way you want. Other wise Denon would market it heavily like Yamaha does. Keep in mind that even with the wireless speakers (Yamaha example) you still need power cable so wall sockets for each speakers, no speaker wires though. So not fully wireless. I believe only some soundbars has that bluetooth connection or something similar.

ParisV

Yes, but not to be used like the way you want. Other wise Denon would market it heavily like Yamaha does. Keep in mind that even with the wireless speakers (Yamaha example) you still need power cable so wall sockets for each speakers, no speaker wires though. So not fully wireless. I believe only some soundbars has that bluetooth connection or something similar.
yeah i'm renting a house with a square lounge and plug sockets at the back so thought wireless would be and option. Think I'll just run some speaker cable then thanks for the info.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
yeah i'm renting a house with a square lounge and plug sockets at the back so thought wireless would be and option. Think I'll just run some speaker cable then thanks for the info.

Yep it can be tricky to hide the wires, but consider d-line trunking to get nice clean install. Also one other thing i see you gaining is the quality of the surround speakers. I think even if you buy used B&W M1s they are much better than some of the cheap wireless speakers (Yamaha).

ParisV

Yep it can be tricky to hide the wires, but consider d-line trunking to get nice clean install. Also one other thing i see you gaining is the quality of the surround speakers. I think even if you buy used B&W M1s they are much better than some of the cheap wireless speakers (Yamaha).

think i'll go for some used 686's I finally have a decent shaped room would like some rear bookshelf's.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
think i'll go for some used 686's I finally have a decent shaped room would like some rear bookshelf's.
Great, even better! :smashin: Some 600mm tall stands or taller ones and you are good to go. I think you can find them used cheaply too. Just look the top plate size. For 686: 170.2 mm (W): 284.5 mm (D) so something like this type of stand would do fine with 160x200 top plate.

5_1_spkrplc.jpg

ParisV

I have a pair of Atacama Nexus 6i silver at the front so I would like something in silver to match ish

ParisV

Check used market then.

New ones will cost more in silver.
yeah been looking at used. I've found the same ones as mine on amazon - Amazon product but the picture shows black so just contacting the seller to make sure if not I'll look at those from av. Thanks for your help, appreciated.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
I don´t think you can add wireless rears with that Denon. Yamaha is only one atm with the support for wireless surrounds and you also have to use Yamaha Music Cast 20 speakers then. It only works for 5.1 too so quite limited. @ShanePJ can correct me if there is some other way. To my knowledge only the HEOS receiver from Denon supports wireless surround speakers (Denon Heos).
Yeah, Yamaha are the only one who offer this at the moment although I would expect this to change due to its competition (although, this isn't anything official) as it should be a simple solution to implement like Yamaha have done. As to when and whether older units will be able to take advantage of it, I have no idea and very much doubt it, like I said, It nothing official, its just common sense expectation as consumers are using Yamaha's option as an alternative to traditional speaker solutions

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom