Wireless Speakers - Best of the bad bunch?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by raven219, Sep 18, 2007.

1. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    East Anglia (well someone has to live there!)
    Ratings:
    +22
    I know, I know - I might as well sleep with the devil, but I am not after audiophile quality, just something to listen to TV in another room and for the little one to hear her nursery rhymes.

Seen Rocketfish but seeing as that would mean having voltage converters as well - that's out. So I think I am back to an active speaker package. Firstly is there any difference between those that operate at 900Mhz and those 2.4Ghz? Secondly has anyone got any recommendations.

Cheers

2. ianjm

ianjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you can't run speaker wire (and you don't yet own the speakers), have you considered a virtual surround system, such as the Yamaha YSP-900? This might give you decent results in a medium-sized room.

3. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46,627
    Have you considered an av sender? usually used to send a TV signal from a set-top box to another room but you could just hook up the sound, with a reasonable signal you would get VCR quality sound that you could play through anything that has an audio in, 2nd hifi, boogy box, whatever you fancy. You can get them from around £25