Wireless speaker to AVR - possible ?

jarosujo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,
currently I have 7.1 setup, but my left surround speaker has not very good placement.
I would like to move it to better spot, but problem is, there is no way I could connect it by wire to my receiver. Power socket is available. Is there any working solution to that ? My current Onkyo AVR doesn’t have any wireless capability, but I am planning to buy new AVR in few months, most likely something like Denon X3700H.
I believe Denon has something called HEOS – do you think that could help ? To get one HEOS speaker and use it as left surround.

Thank you

No you can´t use HEOS speakers as surround channels yet. Maybe in future that feature comes on Denons and Marantz.

With Yamaha you can do that at least for 5.1 system using pair of these, so you need wall sockets each side. Black and white speakers:

This model would be closer to X2700H:

While Yamaha has RX-A2A (899£) it`s not really on par with X3700H. Few months forward and Yamaha announces RX-A4A which would be more in line with the Denon, although it`s still 7.2 model. And as usual Yamaha in UK will cost bit more.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom