1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless sound quality

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Optiplex, May 24, 2005.

1. Optiplex

Optiplex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought the Philips SBC HC8850. I realise that these are the cheaper end of the market and you usually get what you pay for. However, is it the norm for cordless headphones to have quite a bit of interference. I understand that they are transmitting a FM signal but what's the point of making cordless headphones you get a hissing background noise from them. I've tried retuning numerous times but doesn't make any difference. Can anyone recommend a pair that under £100 that doesn't have too much interference. I want them for listening to DVDs and music. The Philips have a pseudo surround sound so would be looking for something comparable.

2. jerryq7777

jerryq7777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +651
    I had a pair of AVG wireless headphones and they were rubbish.If you turned your head the wrong way you lost the signal and ended up with interference.They cost £60 and they ended up on ebay.My advice stick to wired fones.