• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless Signal Strength???

oldman100

Is there a means of determining what signal strength your Wii is receiving?

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Go to the Wii menu, go to network connection or something like that, and it should show the wireless network you are on. Next to it are some bars, obviously the more bars, the better the signal!

sjw

Really? (written on a Wii - wish you could copy/paste on it) Can't see it......... :(
Can see some 'tabs' but thought that was just the number of screens in you were.....

oldman100

Got to admit I can't see / find it either.

Andrew_arkless

You get a signal strength bar when you set up a new connection, search for new wireless networks on the setup screen & it will show you all available access points & a signal strength for each.

sjw

So if you need to enter it manually (as you should - because you shouldn't be broadcasting your SSID..), how do you see the signal strength?

Daz CPFC

So if you need to enter it manually (as you should - because you shouldn't be broadcasting your SSID..), how do you see the signal strength?

If you have MAC filtering i dont think it would really matter if you broadcast your SSID as anyone with out the speicifed MAC address can access it.

sjw

If you have MAC filtering i dont think it would really matter if you broadcast your SSID as anyone with out the speicifed MAC address can access it.
Believe me it would... it's a lot harder to get onto a system that you can't easily even see compared to one you know is there but only allows certain MAC addresses to access it.
Most owners probably leave it set to a default 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.199 range too.
And with default passwords.. :( Not too difficult at all actually. Esp. with only WEP encryption. Make sure you use at least WPA. Shame you can't for the DS though..:thumbsdow Shame that can't be added by a firmware update.?..

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom