Question Wireless setup?

jag2000

Novice Member
Hello

I'm a newbie when it comes to home cinema, so please bear with me.

My other half wants a simple & relatively inexpensive home cinema setup - ideally wireless.
I'm wondering is it possible to stream video from a NAS (which would store the media) directly to a projector. I'm aware that some projectors have built in wifi, but cost easily over £1200.

Is it possible to say use an EPSOM Epson EHTW5300, with a NAS such as the QNAP TS-251+ (which can host a plex server & has a wired hdmi output), and somehow have this as a wireless setup?

Thanks

fergosie

Novice Member
Yes you can, this unit has two HDMI ports which you can connect a Google Chromcast or a Amazon Fire Stick. These devices support and run the PLEX application which would connect via WiFi to your PLEX media server running on your QNAP.

Oh and for the record I'm not a Novice Member, just new to this forum.

Gilbers

Yes you can, this unit has two HDMI ports which you can connect a Google Chromcast or a Amazon Fire Stick. These devices support and run the PLEX application which would connect via WiFi to your PLEX media server running on your QNAP.

Oh and for the record I'm not a Novice Member, just new to this forum.

I don't think the Epson has any speakers, so you wouldn't get any sound using this approach.

EDIT: sorry, in fact it seems it does have speakers - as you were! :facepalm:

Last edited:

fergosie

Novice Member
Jag1967 - do you have the Epson mounted on the ceiling? or just setup at table top level?
Gilbers has a good point on the speaker which is only mono, so if projecting at table top level you should in invest in some good bookshelf size speakers. The unit has Output: Audio 1 x Stereo mini-jack.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom