Wireless setup help.

gr0uty

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Right. I really need some help before my new PS3 goes out the window or back to the shop. Just bought a PS3 but am having a nightmare setting up the wireless connection. I did post a thread earlier in the PS3 section but It may do better here. I work in computers so Im not a complete novice but this has me beat. I have a trusty netgear DG384PN Router with the most up to date firmware. Everytime I try to set up the wireless connection I get as far as the network test and it fails on connecting to the playstation network. If I reset the PS3 and start from scratch I can connect wireless but it soon grinds to a halt. I can connect wired pretty easily but even this is v slow, just tried to update resistance and it's gonna take 45 mins!! so I gave up. I tried setting it up manually with a different MTU etc. with no luck.

The thing is my laptop and 360 have no problems connecting wireless and download at very quick speeds.

What on earth is going on? Could the PS3 be faulty or is my router just incompatible.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help Jimmy. All these ports are forwarded fine and still no joy. I managed to find this blog article where a guy has the exact same router and the sameish problems im having. He seems to think the Netgear Rangemax routers are incompatible with the PS3.

Because I say so!: The Netgear Rangemax routers and the PS3

Anyhow, Im going to borrow my dads router tonight and give that a go, Unfortunately its another netgear but not a rangemax model.

Cheers

Anyhow, Im going to borrow my dads router tonight and give that a go, Unfortunately its another netgear but not a rangemax model.

I've got an Netgear DG834GT, put it in DMZ and not had a problem with it since, hopefully the one you try will be ok :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom