wireless senders and WiFi

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by redmax, Apr 16, 2004.

1. redmax

redmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    hi

I have been using a wireless sender to distribute my Sky+ to the LCD monitir in my bedroom for the last year.
    Although the kit is not a well known name (Freeline) it has been excellent performer and sends a stereo signal through 9" walls no probs.

my problem recently is that I have installed a wireless router to allow full WiFi network of all my computers and now my Sky+ is unwatchable in the bedroom.

Admittadly the manual for the sender clearly states that 2.4ghz is used by WiFi and may cause interference.

I was therefore wondering if anyone knows of a sender kit that will work side by side with my WiFi.

I have tried changing WiFi channels but to no avail

Any help please would be appreciated

Mark

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I initially had the same problem with mine (Philips VL1200)... I set the sender channel to 1, the router to 11 (or 13 if possible) and moved the two boxes at least 2m from each other...

3. redmax

redmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Thanks SimonO

I don't have a choice of channels on the sender unfortunatly and changing channels on the router doesn't seem to mae any difference.
    I am not in a position to move the router because it is in the loft above our bedroom and so wherever it goes it is no further away.

Doh !!!:mad:

4. Big Al

Big Al
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Redmax,

You could try moving the freeline receiver slightly and seeing if this helps. Somrtimes the interference is electrical rather than RF.

I have a AEI digsender that goes crazy if it is moved 10mm closer toward the router in another room. It may be worth playing around and seeing if this would be a solution.

Big Al

5. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Managed to remove the interferance on mine by placing the reciever on the floor under a metal set of shelves, which seemed to shield it somewhat from the router which is about a meter away. Going to play some more this week to try and improve the pq a little but I'm mainly using it to watch tv in a little transparent window on top of what ever game I'm playing on the PC so pq isn't a major issue. :)