Wireless sender for Sky+, which one to get?

brumhee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to get Sky+ into the bedroom. I do not have an socket in the wall so have to go wireless (i dont want to tear the house apart).

I tried a 2.4ghz and there was too much interference I am now looking at a 5.8ghz but dont know which one to get. Not overly bothered about having all the features ust changing channel would be ok (and possibly playing an recorded show).

The ones I looked at at Maplin all say they cannot control Sky+. Is this just the record stuff and they can change channel or do they mean everything?

Anyones experiences with these or a recommendation would be appreciated.

If you read the Q&As then you get this:

Q- If my Sky+ is downstairs, can I change channels with the Sky remote upstairs? thanks - paula
Answer- No sorry this product does not support that.

Q- Just wanted to let you know that I have one of these units and recently updated to a Sky+ box. The remote signals work fine (maybe I'm just lucky). - Mark Ravenscroft
Answer- Thank you for the feedback

Not as clear as the tone of your previous post made out. Hence the reason I am asking.

I
Q- If my Sky+ is downstairs, can I change channels with the Sky remote upstairs? thanks - paula
Answer- No sorry this product does not support that.

A purely technical answer - A standard Sky remote will not operate a Sky+ box.

A purely technical answer - A standard Sky remote will not operate a Sky+ box.

We have Sky piped around the house over the RF2 output and use one of these to control the box from another room:

Marmitek PowerMid XL infrared extender set: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

I can change channels on the Sky+HD box with the old (standard) Sky remote albeit without the Sky+ functions such as pause, rewind etc.

Are you saying standard Sky+ remotes don't do this, even though a Sky+HD remote will?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
A standard Sky remote will not operate a Sky+ box.

Are you saying standard Sky+ remotes don't do this, even though a Sky+HD remote will?

I completely mistyped that ending by the way. :suicide:

I meant to say:

Are you saying a standard Sky remote won't operate a Sky+ box, even though it will operate a Sky+HD box?

Getting back to the original post, what I was saying is that the Maplin video sender quoted will transmit the Sky remote signals.

Getting back to the original post, what I was saying is that the Maplin video sender quoted will transmit the Sky remote signals.

Brought this and NO IT DOESN'T

Where have you set up the IR transmitter? It has to have a clear line of sight to the Sky box IR receiver.

Where have you set up the IR transmitter? It has to have a clear line of sight to the Sky box IR receiver.

I had the extender that they included right in front of the box.

Normally, the Video receiver units have a LED that flashes when the remote is used - does this happen?

A standard Sky remote will not operate a Sky+ box.

Found this on the web

To reprogram the sky remote to control the sky+ box.

The sequence is:

* TV
* Hold Blue+select until LED flash twice
* Select
* Sky

Now the sky remote up and down channel buttons change the channels on a sky+ box.

To revert back, enter this sequence again but press the zero button instead of "2".

It does work

Normally, the Video receiver units have a LED that flashes when the remote is used - does this happen?

I can't tell, the one upstairs does but whilst upstairs I can't see what the one down is doing :mad:

OK, that says the video receiver is receiving the remote commands.

How close is the IR transmitter to the Sky box?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom