• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless router with guest access

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I'm looking for a new ADSL router that can have a guest WiFi network, which allows me to have different web filtering rules per network. Specifically, I want to lock the 'guest' WiFi down to a specific domain only.

I've previously used Netgear routers, but I cant find a model that does what I want. They allow a guest network, but don't allow you to have separate filtering rules.

Any suggestions?

limegreenzx

Banned
I would look at Tomato and DD-WRT firmware and see if either offer the functionality you're looking for, then choose a router that is on their supported list. I doubt any standard SOHO router would offer this function as most guest WiFi simply allows access to the internet and firewalls it from your local network.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I can achieve what I want by using a separate router just acting as a wireless access point, but I was really hoping to have the functionality in just one box.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom