• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless router with built in email

Calzor Suzay

Established Member
All 'internet' webmail is blocked via my works proxy so I'm looking to get a cable router that has the ability to pick up my email and I can then via a webpage access my router to read/reply. Reason I want it in the router as I don't want to have to leave my PC on 24/7.

Does anyone make such a gadget?

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
First all that ain't what routers do they connect networks together. (Domestic ones have a few extra gizmos. built-in.)

The most important thing that you should know however is that negating one's employer's network security is generally regarded as Gross Misconduct and therefore grounds for dismissal.

Gadgetcity

Established Member
Don't try and bypass company internet security!

If you MUST check your email at work then could you use your mobile phone.

Gadgetcity

Established Member
Well you two are a barrel of laughs :)

I work for a communications company and I'm security cleared. If you break the rules you can get into a LOT of trouble. No laughing matter :(

On the bright side, I love my work :thumbsup:

Good luck hacking the Matrix :)

t72bogie

Prominent Member
if that traffic is blocked, then how will having a cable router and connecting to the network help you....it cant, unless you have it in front of the router that is doing the traffic filtering

so you are going to install your own router in front of the works firewall just to grab your personal email before they block it ? !

Calzor Suzay

Established Member
Known webpages are blocked like hotmail, blueyonder etc not actual mail. It obviously doesn't exist and if it did would be shot down by the world and his wife. Squirrel mail and leaving pc on may be the answer.

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
Squirrel mail and leaving pc on may be the answer.

You have received a good deal of good advice here but if you do that then it's your job not ours. BTW if you worked for me you would be out of the door so fast your feet would not touch the ground.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom