Wireless router What kind to get for 2 xboxes

geewhizz

When i get my 360 i want to put onto a wireless network.
Now i am using my old xbox just now ( wireless 11 mbps) on an old actiontec router.
But what i want to do is run the old xbox ( as a media station ) the 360 and a computer and a laptop.
So i am looking for an new router that can do that.
I have got ( 54 mbps laptop card and dongle for the computer )
Try not to spend alot on one cos 360 & games round the corner and crimbo.

p.s.cant use the actiontec cos giving that to someone..

Cheers :)

jtorry

Standard Member
I use a 3com wireless access point in bridge mode, and plug that into a switch. I can then plug in as many connections as I need. I have a PS2, 2xXbox and a PC running from it. You would also need a basic wireless router as well.

geewhizz

I had a look at that type but its not cost effective.
Probably what will do it is a wireless router with two lan connections, Cos the will be sitting side by side.

LinkinRuss

Standard Member
Im using a netgear DG834GT and ive got my xbox hooked up to that, then when 360 comes along ill connect using wireless. Worth the money, bought it online for £60.
Oh, ive held the remote control and it feels soo cheap....change of sunject, lol

tscotsman

im using the netgear WGU624, its compatible with A/B/G, got it with a USB/Ethernet ADSl modem on ebay for £46. Microsoft recommend you get a router thats compatible with A. they reckon G has do much interference.

I have it linked via ethernet to my showcentre and then the pc is connecting to the internet wirelessly.

Moogle

LinkinRuss said:
Im using a netgear DG834GT and ive got my xbox hooked up to that, then when 360 comes along ill connect using wireless. Worth the money, bought it online for £60.
Oh, ive held the remote control and it feels soo cheap....change of sunject, lol
I second that. I have the slightly older version, the DG834G and it works a treat. It has four ethernet ports as well as the wireless option. Very user friendly and easy to setup.

geewhizz

Cheers guys,
Been having a look around and it sounds like the netgear router is what i am looking for.

Cheers. :smashin:

Trending threads

Top Bottom