Wireless Router help multiple LPs but only one will connect.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Belkin n150 W/L router and the only laptop I used to configure the router using the enclosed CD connects wirelessly fine. I have two other laptops and both refuse to connect, they both detect the network but fail to connect once I've entered an 8 digit key taken from the back of the router. The windows diagnostic tool ask I reset the router by powering off and restarting, which I've done several times now. I haven't yet entered any security so no WPA pass keys have been set up, the disc recommends I ensure all devices connect to the network before setting security.

I'm with Virgin Media using a cable modem, the laptop that connects is a Toshiba and the other two are a Sony Viao and HP. They're all running windows 7.

Check wireless card drivers on both Sony and HP are up to date.(connect wired)
Check firmware on router is up to date.
Use working laptop to connect wired to router.login and revise wireless settings. You cant have WPA/WPA2 security settings enabled without a password. BTW the router ships with WPA/WPA2 security switched on. I am assuming that you have tried the key on the side of the router.

Thanks I checked all drivers and they're up to date so I tried factory reset and entered my own pass key rather than using the one from the side of the router (the set-up assistant recommends not doing this). However it did the trick.:smashin:

Last edited:
Bin the set up discs! The biggest load of unusable bloat ware since Epson! Alright, this is maybe a bit unfair, but you really do not need anything other than a web browser to get these working.

It sounds like you have not reset the router to factory defaults, but are doing a soft reset to your customised values. Not a problem, but explains your issues.

I find using the WPA2 with connection button the best connection method. Is your's the 5GHz Wireless N version ? If so, make sure you have the networks listed in the correct connection order, or your laptops will probably find the 2.4GHz one first.

I find using the WPA2 with connection button the best connection method. Is your's the 5GHz Wireless N version ?
I'm not sure, it's not listed anywhere in the spec on the box so I assume not. How would I find out?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom