Wireless router for Broadband

ScottBT

Established Member
Reaction score
OK I have the main connection for my Virgin broadband in my living room at the moment. Thing is I want to move the computer to the spare bedroom which is at the other side of the flat.

To save wires could I simply buy a wireless router?

and does anyone have any ideas of whats best with Virgin seeing as it doesn't use the phone line?

Cheers in advance.:thumbsup:

Hi mate...I just use a netgear wgr614v6 cable router for my 2 x xbox 360`s my pc and a lappy.All works fine for me.:smashin:

I use a Linksys system with my Notebook and it was a doddle to instal and works great.

I've got a Netgear WPN824 Rangemax Router. Was a doddle to set up and works perfectly. Got it quite cheap on ebay as it's a reconditioned unit.

Being in the IT industry and having cable myself I recommend a Zyxel P336M router.

Netgears are easy to setup but the wireless coverage is next to useless, and certain models are prone to heat issues. Again Linksys are easy to setup but can suffer from lockups etc..

The Zyxel has won some awards from certian PC mags. I bought a 336M about 3 months ago and it's never put a foot wrong once. Also excellent wireless coverage. I had a Netgear WGT624 previously which I had to set for high power, to reach a machine downstairs. With the Zyxel it's set to low and I get better coverage than before.

I got an Apple Airport from ebay and it works fine with the PC. They are cheaper now as they are currently releasing their new .n box.

Being in the IT industry and having cable myself I recommend a Zyxel P336M router.

Netgears are easy to setup but the wireless coverage is next to useless, and certain models are prone to heat issues. Again Linksys are easy to setup but can suffer from lockups etc..

The Zyxel has won some awards from certian PC mags. I bought a 336M about 3 months ago and it's never put a foot wrong once. Also excellent wireless coverage. I had a Netgear WGT624 previously which I had to set for high power, to reach a machine downstairs. With the Zyxel it's set to low and I get better coverage than before.

Do you know if the Zyxel will work with xbox live?

I to was impressed by the reviews of the Zyxel P336M router but haveing brought one at Christamas have been very disapointed by it's performance.

It keeps loseing the Cable WAN connection and I have to reboot it, tyhe same with wireless - it is very difficult to get a wireless connection. I intend to play around with the channels but have'nt got around to it.

Never had any problems with my previous (Netgear) router with Broadband

Any suggestions on resolving my problems with the Zyxel P336M would be most welcom.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom