Wireless Room Thermostat for Combi Boiler

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Jimmy1011, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jimmy1011

Jimmy1011
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I have TRV's fitted to the radiators in my home but no room thermostat. The boiler is a Myson Midas combi (over 20 years old but working well) which does heating and hot water.

With the rising cost of heating I am looking for ways to cut the cost of my heating bills. I insulated the roof space some years ago and am considering installing a wireless room thermostat but will it save money & if so can anyone recommend a make/model for my setup?

Also, the CH pump runs continuously when the heating is on at the moment. Will the pump stop when the setpoint is reached on the wireless unit?

many thanks

2. marinemitch

marinemitch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can i suggest a programmable wireless room thermostat due to the more control it gives you.

with a normal room stat you will still need to use your existing programmer and then heating will run until the set temperature is reached

with a programmable thermostat you can st diferent temperatures throughout the day so say,
    through the night 12 deg C
    Morning 17 deg C
    while at work 12 deg c
    afternoon 15 Dec C
    evening 19Deg C

Some even have the facility for outdooor weather compensation where internal heating is based on external temperature as well

Honeywell 7-Day Programmable Room Stat Wireless CMT927A1049