1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless remote control

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Bambi, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Bambi

Bambi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just purchased a Thomson VS 360 video sender for the bedroom TV.

I can get a great picture and sound but the remote control will not work upstairs? For some reason I did not get any instructions with the unit but I have some sort of IR aerial lead with 3 small black plastic boxes wound onto the cable. Each has a piece of double sided sticky tape on the back of it.

I've plugged it into the transmitter but don't know what to do with the actual lead itself. Any ideas?

Many thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    These output the IR signals to the equipment you are trying to control. They should be stuck on the VCR/DVD etc just in front of the remote controls receptor. Then when you use the remote in the bedroom it is converted to RF and transmitted back to the equipment and converted back to IR so the equipment can be controlled.
    You may need to move them around to find the best positioon for controlling your equipment.

Mark.

3. Bambi

Bambi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for the info, I went to bed last night still not knowing what they were for until about 1.40am when I had a thought and woke the missus up to try it out. Did exactly as you said and it works fine now.

Well pleased with the results.

4. paanfo

paanfo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

We've also just bought a Thomson VS360 for our TV in the bedroom, however we have the following problem:

We've managed to get everything working (including the remote controls from the bedroom to the living room). What we cannot do is actually get the picture/channel "callibrated" to the second tv. I know it must be something really simple, but we just can't seem to figure it out. Any help or advice?

Thanks,
    Paul

5. Bambi

Bambi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please check your email!!!

:thumbsup:

6. himpressive

himpressive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Have you tried selecting the "AV" input on the TV upstairs? ;)

7. Galetea

Galetea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help I have a Thomson Video sender VS360 and I have had it for a number of years, and the little red light is still there but all of a sudden the remote wont work upstairs the remote is ok I have tested it downstairs....the switch is set to the same as downstairs can anyone help the little sticky black thingy that sticks to the box downstirs is still attached HELP PLEASE THANK YOU GALETEA