Wireless rear speakers

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am looking to buy this system and would like to make the rear speakers wireless as it will be quite hard to get the wires to the back of my room.

Is there a kit I can buy to make the wireless for reasonable money?

Cheers,
Steve

im afraid, not that Ive seen :(

most of the "wireless" kits are more than that whole system - basically you are paying for 3 boxes - a transmitter at the amp end and 2 receivers, one on each speaker.

they dont really make the speakers "wireless" but just eliminate the wire from the amp to the speaker - you then need a power socket and another cable to each speaker to power the internal amps in each receiver unit

im afraid, not that Ive seen :(

most of the "wireless" kits are more than that whole system - basically you are paying for 3 boxes - a transmitter at the amp end and 2 receivers, one on each speaker.

they dont really make the speakers "wireless" but just eliminate the wire from the amp to the speaker - you then need a power socket and another cable to each speaker to power the internal amps in each receiver unit

I was gutted when I found this out - it totally contradicts what they are trying to sell - the fact that the rear speakers still need to be plugged into a power socket defies the whole point. I had to make do with a 2.1 system...

You can get wireless conversion kits (wireless conversion kit) but I don't know if they are actually any good. They are quite pricey (almost as much as system you are looking at).

Normally I recommend flat self adhesive speaker cables (IXOS XHS223) that simply stick to your skirting board if you can't easily run cables, but I'm not sure if the Sony has standard speakers connections or Sony specific plugs.

Chris

I was gutted when I found this out - it totally contradicts what they are trying to sell - the fact that the rear speakers still need to be plugged into a power socket defies the whole point. I had to make do with a 2.1 system...

How had you imagined they would work?

Where would the amplification get the power required?

My main stumbling block is that I have a door way to get past for the Right Rear speaker. Guess I'll just run the wire over the door frame or something.

Cheers guys.

Wouldnt go over it, go under it....thats what i did, and i'm using fairly chunky cable.

I did my entire room in 3 hours.....i know that sounds alot, but ive got cast concrete walls.....so it was skirting boards off, groves cut, cables in, and boards back on !!!!

Wouldnt go over it, go under it....thats what i did, and i'm using fairly chunky cable.

I did my entire room in 3 hours.....i know that sounds alot, but ive got cast concrete walls.....so it was skirting boards off, groves cut, cables in, and boards back on !!!!

Would love to but I have wooden floors and there is no joiner piece at the door way, it's seamless!!

My main stumbling block is that I have a door way to get past for the Right Rear speaker. Guess I'll just run the wire over the door frame or something.

Cheers guys.

I had a doorway to contend with, so just ran the left speaker cable 'the long way round' with the right speaker cable then on along the back wall.

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom