Wireless range extender help?

gilford

Distinguished Member
I have searched through countless threads but my question is still not answered so thought I would start a new thread.

I recently bought a Billion 7600 router but I am having range issues with my wifi. When I have the doors closed in my house I get very slow connections and my house is by no means a mansion :thumbsdow

I was considering a wireless extender, this one in fact -

Edimax EW-7416APN Wireless 802.11n Access Point - Range extender: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

and was wondering if anyone had any experience with not only this model but extending the wireless range in general :)

I am a Mac man and the above gets awful reviews if you own one?

I cannot go the homeplug route as my AV enclosure has no more sockets available and space is TIGHT :(

I'm not sure what to do really?

Any info appreciated :thumbsup:

AndyHiggs

Standard Member
Apple Airport Express, simples! I use a couple in various rooms to extend my WiFi coverage. It also is a great way of distributing your iTunes Music around your home.

They can be a bit temperamental to set up initially, but I highly recommend them. Oh and you could plug a printer or hard drive into it for wireless printing or wireless file access.

Hope this helps, good luck!:smashin:

gilford

Distinguished Member
Airport Express will not work with a 3rd part router though will it? At least that is what the Apple site has led me to beleive?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom