• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless projection... any drawbacks?

Atomicus

Established Member
I see there are some projectors that offer wireless functionality (Epson TW6700W for example) and other add on kits such as the Optoma WHD200... although the TW6700W still has the WiFi box you connect to your devices, so I guess they all work the same regardless. Are they are any drawbacks to the functionality of this technology? It seems an ideal solution and obviously avoids having cables trailing across the floor or through your ceiling, but is it too good to be true? Does a cabled solution still offer any significant advantage?

AJohnston

Established Member
I see there are some projectors that offer wireless functionality (Epson TW6700W for example) and other add on kits such as the Optoma WHD200... although the TW6700W still has the WiFi box you connect to your devices, so I guess they all work the same regardless. Are they are any drawbacks to the functionality of this technology? It seems an ideal solution and obviously avoids having cables trailing across the floor or through your ceiling, but is it too good to be true? Does a cabled solution still offer any significant advantage?
I've got the 9300w and I use wireless. I've not had any issues with it so far other than some small repeated drop outs when a disk loads, but this is due to HDMI handshaking. Once the film starts its fine, works well with UHD too.

Atomicus

Established Member
I've got the 9300w and I use wireless. I've not had any issues with it so far other than some small repeated drop outs when a disk loads, but this is due to HDMI handshaking. Once the film starts its fine, works well with UHD too.

Thanks, that's good to know. :)

skinnywhippet

Established Member
I have a wireless BenQ. Like ajohnson I can report that it works well..... However at least in my case it clashes badly with my Virgin 5ghz WiFi. Switch to 2.4ghz on wifi and the problem totally disappears. Otherwise it works well

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom