Wireless Problem - 51330

Retrospek

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a problem with getting the Wii to connect to my wireless access point (BT Home Hub). I was getting error 51330.

If you get this error you need you make the access point both 802.11G and 802.11B. This fixed it for me as I only had G enabled.

Is this Wii only 802.11B then ?

Mark

What I read in the new NGamer magazine is that the Wii out of the box is only 802.11B...I would be in the same boat as my router is set to only 802.11G.....Is there not an option on the Wii to change it?

I had this problem too, ended up having to type in DNS settings and it then worked fine afterwards.

What speed is 802.11B then? Didn't G come out like 3 years ago?

What speed is 802.11B then? Didn't G come out like 3 years ago?

11Mbps

Also be aware that those that have now got an Access Point set to both 11B & 11G with an 11B device connected then the fastest the Access Point will go is 11Mbps for ALL connected devices - even the 11G ones :thumbsdow

11Mbps

Also be aware that those that have now got an Access Point set to both 11B & 11G with an 11B device connected then the fastest the Access Point will go is 11Mbps for ALL connected devices - even the 11G ones :thumbsdow

I was just thinking that. Does this mean then that since in stand-by mode the Wii still communicates over the Internet that it pretty much will bring my network speed down to 11Mbps? Or is comms over the Internet very infrquent, like say once every half hour or something? I can see me buying the ethernet adaptor otherwise since 11b is snail's-pace these days.

You can turn wii connect off when the wii is in standby mode in the wii settings

I had this problem too, ended up having to type in DNS settings and it then worked fine afterwards.

yes, that code doesnt seem to be for the mode. I did the same, had to enter my router IP in the DNS settings, job done.

Hi all,

I had a problem with getting the Wii to connect to my wireless access point (BT Home Hub). I was getting error 51330.

If you get this error you need you make the access point both 802.11G and 802.11B. This fixed it for me as I only had G enabled.

Is this Wii only 802.11B then ?

Mark

i got that message, realised id set up wep security on my router, went to wii settings entered the 16 digits and it worked ok :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom