1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless phone line extender

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Jedwards, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Jedwards

Jedwards
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Having been informed that I need a telephone line connected to my re-located box, i've just bought one of the Wireless phone line extenders from Maplin, in order to get round this problem.

extender

However, can anyone just confirm that they actually work, & that I won't receive any letters from SKY?

In addition, I have Tiscali broadband installed which in connected to the downstairs socket. Will the extender cause any problems?

Many thanks!!

J

2. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,781
    I have a wireless phone extender (not Maplins) which worked OK on the Digibox. However, I found out on Sky+ install the engineer said the Sky+ box has a problem with these. Sure enough it would not accept a call back. We had to run a temporary telephone cable to the box to get it confirmed to the system. After the engineer went I just took out the cable and left the box unconnected. Nothing from Sky as yet. It's been about 8 weeks now.