• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless network wont connect unless adapter is plugged in ?

jaboyle

Standard Member
Basically,

I recently found out my router username and password and so was opening a few ports for some software im using.

I accidently went to the unpn tab and there was a list of port numbers which were already there (around 7 or so) anyway, Instead of clicking cancel to leave the tab I clicked done and they all vanished ......

I panicked, clicked back on the browser and they were there again.

I then took a screen shot to note down all the numbers,

I then quit my browser, went back into the router settings, clicked unpn and nothing .....

ok,

so recently I was using my laptop which is not directly connected to the wireless router and accidently pulled out my 'marvell yukon' network adapter, I use it to help with the internet when im near a plug socket.

And then I clicked refresh page and 'page could not be displayed', my network lost connection,

now when I go to my router settings it says connected with limited access.

So the only way I can connect to the internet is when Im plugged in with my marvel yukon thing.

Is this somehting to do with my unpn settings vanishing ??

also I have updated my network card drivers.

Perfectly up to date!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

kind regards, Jack

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Did you backup your routers settings to a file anytime recently ?
If so, follow the instructions for resetting your router and then login to it and upload the backup file settings into the router.
If you don't have a backup file, since a reset will take it back to default settings, you should then be able to login to your router (with default username and password) and manually add the settings you need - ports, security settings, ISP settings if it's got an built in ADSL modem , etc.
Then make a backup file of this configuration as soon as you have manually entered and proved (tested) all the settings.
If you still have problems, repost with details of make and model of router and all other appropriate information.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

jaboyle

Standard Member
Did you backup your routers settings to a file anytime recently ?
If so, follow the instructions for resetting your router and then login to it and upload the backup file settings into the router.
If you don't have a backup file, since a reset will take it back to default settings, you should then be able to login to your router (with default username and password) and manually add the settings you need - ports, security settings, ISP settings if it's got an built in ADSL modem , etc.
Then make a backup file of this configuration as soon as you have manually entered and proved (tested) all the settings.
If you still have problems, repost with details of make and model of router and all other appropriate information.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

problem solved, thanks anyway everyone !

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Thanks , Jack.
Please reveal what you had to do to solve it !
This will help others.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
I am bumping this thread because I am still curious as to what action(s) ultimately solved the original poster's problem.

Chris Muriel, Narita Airport, Tokyo (back home in Manchester at the weekend)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom