wireless mouse keeps waking up my pc (power managment doesn't help)

fsvum

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi
i have a wireless mouse that wakes my pc out of sleep mode , i googled the problem and find the answer is to go to device manager then the mouse properties then the power management tab and uncheck the waking up option , i did that and any movement to the mouse still wakes my pc , what should i do ? (vista home premium)

ps: i have the exact same problem at work , with a wired usb mouse. (vista business)

that is what is supposed to happen? you move the mouse and it wakes up the system.
Is it a wireless set ie keyboard and mouse on the same receiver?

at home yes the same receiver . at work there is no receiver of course.
i want to stop the mouse from waking up my pc . how can i do that , as i said the power management thing didn't help.

at home yes the same receiver . at work there is no receiver of course.
i want to stop the mouse from waking up my pc . how can i do that , as i said the power management thing didn't help.

Well in theory at home you will need to track down the driver for the mouse and untick the "allow this device to wake" setting usually through device manager/properties/power management, unless the mouse has proprietary software installed.
In device manager select "view devices by connection" to help, might be an issue if the receiver polls both mouse and keyboard channels at same time, you may not be able to do this
At work the situation is clearer track down the mouse driver and do the above tick.

yes i did exactly what you said , and as in my topic , it did not help , both at home & work

yes i did exactly what you said , and as in my topic , it did not help , both at home & work

There is no guarantee you will be able to achieve this, it depends on many factors such as usb compliance in both hw and software design which varies from make to make.
Next step would be to do the same action on the connecting usb root hub to which the device is attached but as stated this will not work on the home machine because of the combination receiver,if u do do that it will mean the pc will not wakeup from keyboard or mouse
as to the work machine consider swapping the mouse to a ps2 one which was a lot tighter on design specs giving you a better chance of achieving the desired result

Why not just take the batteries out when it`s not being used?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom