1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless mouse interfering with my laptop's touchpad

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by House Song, Jun 10, 2005.

1. House Song

House Song

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, having got a Kensington PocketMouse Pro Wireless with my new Inspiron 510m laptop (running XP) from Dell recently, I installed the mouse with software downloaded from Kensington.

It seemed to be working fine...

However, it's started interfering with the touchpad on the laptop. If I use the touchpad while the PocketMouse is connected, the cursor icon changes to scroll mode and I have to click the scroll button on the PocketMouse to restore normal use.

Also, I have lost some functionality on the touchpad having installed the PocketMouse - for e.g. I now cannot scroll using the touchpad - and if I go to mouse properties in Control Panel, all I see are the PocketMouse options, rather than the integrated touchpad options that were present before I downloaded the Kensington software.

Please can anyone suggest anything? I want to be able to switch between touchpad and PocketMouse at any time, and these issues make it very difficult!

Could it be something to do with service packs from Microsoft?

Thanks for your help

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Does it need the kensington software to work? I have only ever used logitech cordless mice and they have all worked with out installing the (awful) software that came with them.

3. sy278

sy278

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    most touchpad do not operate in 'mouse' mode when a mouse is connected and operate like the scrollwheel

4. House Song

House Song

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it works in a rudimentary way without the software. Not sure, as I downloaded the software from Kensington at the start.

sy278 - not sure what you mean. Are you saying this is normal?

Could the drivers for the touchpad and those for the PocketMouse be interfering with each other?