• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless Modem/Router - Wall Mount

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a wireless ADSL Modem / Router and from what I have read quite like the NetGear DG834PN. Is this wall mountable ?

If not are there any other decent modem / routers out there which are ?

Thanks
KH

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Never heard of a router being wall mountable :\ Anyway the userguide doesn't say anything about it being wall mountable:

Package Contents
- RangeMax ADSL Modem Wireless Router DG834PN
- Power adapter
- Vertical Stand
- Ethernet cable
- Phone cable
- ADSL phone line filter (most countries)
- Resource CD
- Installation guide
- Warranty/Support information card

Can I ask why you are going for DG834PN over the DG834G?

dodgydaz

Established Member
these routers are that small, you could hide it under a sofa - thats what I did with mine.
You can probably mount it to the wall using a couple of screws if you wished.

Cant remember exactly what the stands look like now until I get home, but you could even stick the thing up with bluetak.:D

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Singh400 said:
Never heard of a router being wall mountable :\ Anyway the userguide doesn't say anything about it being wall mountable:

Can I ask why you are going for DG834PN over the DG834G?

I had heard that the PN version was a wee bit more powerful on the signal side, also I prefer the styling of the PN because it doesn't have an aerial sticking out the top lol.

KH

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
dodgydaz said:
these routers are that small, you could hide it under a sofa - thats what I did with mine.
You can probably mount it to the wall using a couple of screws if you wished.

Cant remember exactly what the stands look like now until I get home, but you could even stick the thing up with bluetak.:D

What I want to do is replace the main master BT socket with one of these...

http://www.solwise.com/adsl_splitters.htm

One of the guys at the work uses them and it means you don't have to have the filters hanging off every telephone extension. Much neater. Because of this though I need the modem/router sitting near it, so I thought wall mounting would be the neatest option.

Thanks
KH

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
hornydragon said:

I'm generally a fan of LinkSys kit having used their routers for my old Telewest Cable connection. I'll have a look into this and see what their ADSL offerings are.

Still prefer the Netgear one without the aerial though :D

Thanks
KH

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Netgear support confirm that the PN is not wall mountable however the DG834 is. Looks like I either have to stick with an aerial for the time being of get a wee shelf up.

Thanks all,
KH

Boxcar

Standard Member
I recently bought a Linksys WAG54GX2 (which has fantastic range) and has a 4 way slot arrangement for wall mounting.

Hope this is of use

Will.

John

What I want to do is replace the main master BT socket with one of these...

http://www.solwise.com/adsl_splitters.htm

One of the guys at the work uses them and it means you don't have to have the filters hanging off every telephone extension. Much neater. Because of this though I need the modem/router sitting near it, so I thought wall mounting would be the neatest option.

Thanks
KH

Weejock.... did you ever but the faceplate , and does it work ok ? Any noticeable improvement over the bog standard filters ?

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom