Wireless Microphone

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Goguvarra, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Goguvarra

Goguvarra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. I'm interested in buying a wireless mic system to attach to a camera (most probably a Panasonic DVX100BE/AE) .
    I found on BH something like this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/9454/VHF_Frequency_Handheld_Systems.html .
    The question is if i also buy a lavalier wireless system will it work on the same receveier i have bought for the hanheld microphone considering they are from the same producer.
    And can any of this receivers be attached to teh back of the camera ?
    And how do you connect such a system to the camera ? Through an XLR input or simple jack or phono ?
    Thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,523
    Wireless mic systems work on radio frequencies. If the 2 systems work on the same frequency then yes you should be able to use just the one receiver - but not both mics at the same time. You might be able to save a little money by getting a duel mic system with single receiver.
    Probably not directly onto the cam, but perhaps something like a velcro strapto attach to the hand grip.
    Depends on the input the camcorder has, assuming it does have one. The cam must have a mic input to be able to connect the mic. On most consumer camcorders this will be a stereo jack socket.

Mark.