wireless media sender question

F

FallingDown

i have not got a HD box yet but will be and hence this question.

i will be putting a smaller hd ready lcd tv in the bedroom and would like to stream from the sky hd box to this second tv. i suspect that the current media senders would not work well with a hd signal...

has anyone used a media sender with your HD box or is aware of one available?

thanks in advance

ps if i could also stream from a network NAS, movies etc, that would be even better

wandersen

You can't do it. Word on the street is that Sky will soon be releasing a device that will allow you to do it.

martmiller

I am planning to do exactly this.

I am planning to use component video baluns to pass the signal over cat5e networking cable.

It's not wireless, but cat5e is cheap enough if you can lay a couple of runs of cable .. i bought 1000ft (I needed about 80ft!) a tester, crimper and 100 rj45 plugs for £23 delivered on ebay.

just need the baluns now :)

Mart

Mr Mike

Hi newbie here but thought i would share my experience with HD, bought me a Philips 15" LCD to hang on the bedroom wall, was going to just use the RF2 output as i have had it in both bedrooms and kitchen with magic eye for years but the HD box RF2 signal is not good and I only just found out that there is no Stereo sound. Decided to go wireless(Ferguson from currys £35) in my room and continue to use the magic eye for channel changing as the wireless sender is quite messy when connected for remote control use. I now have a perfect crystal clear picture and stereo sound in the bedroom, amazingly the little philips is so good that when on a HD channel the picture is mind blowing, ok its not HD and not that of the 42" Panasonic down stairs but i wouldnt spend the cash to make HD work so im well happy.

Normally very fussy but it is a second room, my main room uses Chord Signiture leads throughout to give an idea of my usual standard.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom