• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wireless Media Centre Help

martboy

Standard Member
Hi
I'm new to this forum so i hope I have posted in the right place.
Does anyone have a solution to this please:

I have a Macbook and download movies, music etc on a regular basis. I also have a PS3 hooked up to my home cinema system and currently use the Nullriver Medialink server to play movies from my macbook through my PS3 (and i have to say its one of the better ones i have used). However, what i would ideally like to do is have a central external drive (1 or 2tb for example) that will allow me to automatically back up my macbook through time machine, use it as an external drive to drag and drop files onto it and also allow my ps3 to see it wirelessly and allow me to scroll through the files to watch movies etc without having my computer on. I have seen the apple time capsule but have been told ps3's dont see them. Is this true? Also, my router supports USB drives and I have tried hooking up one up to this. It seems to work but there is a lot of lag when watching films and seems to take forever to back up?

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

Any help or suggestions would be much appreicated on this

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom