Wireless Losing Connection

MatthewCTorquay

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys,

My Sky HD box is connected through the Sky wireless adaptor to my Sky Broadband router. Now sometimes it connects perfect etc and shows:

Local Connection - OK
Services Connection - OK

However lately sometimes when I go to on demand it shows "No connection", and then I go to settings it shows:

Local Connection - OK
Services Connection - FAIL

Now if I keep going off settings and back it will eventually after 10mins or so come back to life and I get it again.

I have tried resetting the connection, turning everything off etc, even setting up the wireless with a static IP etc.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Hundreds - just take a read of the official Sky website forums!

Simple solution is to ditch the Sky wireless adapter and buy a WiFi bridge off e-Bay.

MatthewCTorquay said:
Guys,

My Sky HD box is connected through the Sky wireless adaptor to my Sky Broadband router. Now sometimes it connects perfect etc and shows:

Local Connection - OK
Services Connection - OK

However lately sometimes when I go to on demand it shows "No connection", and then I go to settings it shows:

Local Connection - OK
Services Connection - FAIL

Now if I keep going off settings and back it will eventually after 10mins or so come back to life and I get it again.

I have tried resetting the connection, turning everything off etc, even setting up the wireless with a static IP etc.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

I had this problem. I resolved by turning off dhcp and assigning the router an IP address. Has worked flawlessly since.

I addressed it high up so it didn't conflict with any of my other kit! 192.168.0.51

Hope it works for you!

So that's where T B-L got www from.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom