wireless link HELP !

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bathtub, Dec 23, 2006.

1. bathtub

bathtub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need help/ opinion guys.
    I have moved to switzerland and cannot drill holes etc to run wires around my rented apartment, and wife will not let me have wires across open floors (thank god the surround is already nderfloor wired)...
    SO I have the sat reciever (Sony rec, Funk 1M dish, 0.3 LNB) in the bedroom, linked to the plasma in the lounge (20m) by the philips 1405 wireless AV link.
    Problem is- it's crap ! If someone walks across the front of the box it scrambles, even worse- microwave kills it, wirelss network turned on (rangemax)- scrambles it, phone bluetooth scrambles it- x-box scrambles it- you get the idea.
    The house it pretty busy at 2.4 GHz, but this is just unnacceptable.
    Anybody have any ideas how I can et a good wireless link running please? Money is not really a problem. would be good to be HD ready across the link if possible !!!
    Really appreciate any help !
    Roy

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Moved to General AV :cool:

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Sorry no, my wireless sender (to allow sky on my pc) is susceptible to interference that I would find unacceptable for 'full time' Tv viewing, switching channels on the sender & twiddling the aerial helps, but interference is always there. From what I've read on here wires are the only certain solution, although I'll look forward to hearing any different.