Wireless laptop to TV connection

esskaykay

Novice Member
Hello,
I am looking for is an inexpensive way to display my laptop screen and sound on my Vizio TV. Currently I connect the laptop to the TV via a 10-foot HDMI cable which works fine. However, I was hoping for some wireless option. The TV does not have Bluetooth connectivity.

Here’s something I found on-line. I’m not sure these will suffice –
Wireless HDMI DISPLAY Adapter, 4K Ultra HD WiFi Streaming Video Receiver Chromecast Miracast 3nd Ultra 1080P Digital Media Streaming Player for Android Smartphone / PC / TV / DISPLAY / PROJECTOR - Walmart.com

Wireless HDMI Display Dongle Adapter, 4K Ultra HD WiFi Streaming Video Receiver for iPhone/iPad/iOS/Android/PC/Tablet/Windows/Mac OS to HDTV/Monitor/Projector - Walmart.com

Thanks,
Steve K.

next010

Distinguished Member
Hello,
I am looking for is an inexpensive way to display my laptop screen and sound on my Vizio TV. Currently I connect the laptop to the TV via a 10-foot HDMI cable which works fine. However, I was hoping for some wireless option. The TV does not have Bluetooth connectivity.

Here’s something I found on-line. I’m not sure these will suffice –
Wireless HDMI DISPLAY Adapter, 4K Ultra HD WiFi Streaming Video Receiver Chromecast Miracast 3nd Ultra 1080P Digital Media Streaming Player for Android Smartphone / PC / TV / DISPLAY / PROJECTOR - Walmart.com

Wireless HDMI Display Dongle Adapter, 4K Ultra HD WiFi Streaming Video Receiver for iPhone/iPad/iOS/Android/PC/Tablet/Windows/Mac OS to HDTV/Monitor/Projector - Walmart.com

Thanks,
Steve K.

For the laptop you want the Airparrot software running on it, this will allow you to stream the desktop to any chromecast or airplay receiver.

Now those devices you linked to are off brand cheapo units that claim to be chromecast/airplay but are likely just using reverse engineered versions of the tech may or may not work.

For peace of mind I would just get the official chromecast device and use that with airparrot.

jonoro

You may find your laptop has wireless display built in.
Was introduced by Intel with their "WiDi" technology, now depreciated but such as "Miracast" have taken over.
IF yours supports it then just search for "Cast" and it will come up with connect to a wireless display.
As for the tv that too may have it built in. Generslly accessed via the source select function.
If not HDMI dongles for Miracast are cheap.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom