1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless lan card for 2210

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by karkus30, Jun 21, 2004.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Installed one recently ? got it working ? :censored: if I can get it to work. I want to use it for operating on open networks(mackies have them now). Any help gratefully accepted.

2. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Which card did you get?

Raven

3. Chanser

Chanser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hopefully a wireless CF card

4. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Okay. Not quite what I meant. I meant what make. I bought one from Buffalo but that defintely does not work with PocketPC 2003. So I bought one from ebuyer (I think) finally got the right file on the iPAQ (which included downloading a file from the internet) and that works a treat.

Regards

Raven

5. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Sorry, have not been following my own thread as nobody seemed interested.
    Yep, bought mine of ebay. M8s got his functioning with his own wireless setup and has set mine up. I still havent managed to get on line mind you. I do a scan on site survey, click connect and get as far as the moving windows flag, but no page downloads :confused: Im sure he will guide me through it all when we meet up, but what is exactly the technique to get on line?

6. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i got the cheapo value card off ebuyer which is in fact a rebadged senao card.. went to senao's site and downloaded their drivers then simply had to do a site survey which found my wifi router's ssid, connected to it - set up wep keys and mac filtering and it's all working for me..

need to know what make and model wifi card to be able to help you any further

7. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Its an Origo cf lan card.

Word of warning GO SLOWLY............weps and other acronyms mean very little to me. If I need to press the 'on' button first, then make sure you tell me to do that. I dont swim very well with computer technology ! :rolleyes:

8. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hmm well i don't really know what advice to give you as if you're trying to connect to open networks then i don't think they use encryption (wep) so you don't need to configure that.

it should really be a matter of turning on your wireless card, then if the card had a cd with it install the utility that came with it and perform a 'site survey' and see what networks you can detect (make sure you are in infrastructure mode). this should list any available networks which you should then be able to select and connect to.

what network were you trying to connect to when you said the windows flag moves but nothing downloads? having not used a public hotspot before i cant really help you and if you were trying to access your mates network then if he has any sense he would have put some form of encryption/restricted access to stop people abusing his network which might be stopping you connecting