Wireless keyboard query.

small358786

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have just ordered a Keysonic wireless keyboard with a view to installing YDL.
The only problem is would this keyboard work to install YDL,is the wireless feature of this keyboard only suitable to use with the XMB?
My though is a wireless keyboard wont work as it is the XMB that alows wireless connectivity not YDL.
Ideas anyone?

I have a Bluetooth Logitech Edge which will work with PS3 Linux install if using the USB dongle. Your Keysonic uses a USB dongle so should work. The integrated touch pad doesn't work for some reason on mine in Linux so currently having to use a USB mouse.

Check out ubuntu or kubuntu as alternatives to YDL. I'm messing with YDL buy going to try kubuntu. Can't find a working download link yet though.

I didn't realise it wasn't Bluetooth,I saw the 2.4Ghz and assumed it was.
Hopefully then it should make it easier for me with YDL.

BT is no good anyway if your intending on using it with XMB & Linux as a keyboard can normally only be bonded with one "device" at a time. Even if I could get Linux to work via PS3 BT I would have to re-connect/bond each time I went between Linux & XMB on the pS3 (I think).

Bonding with the supplied USB dongle works under both environments & yours should be same. Let me know if you built-in track pad works under Linux if you install it.

Bonding with the supplied USB dongle works under both environments & yours should be same. Let me know if you built-in track pad works under Linux if you install it.

Will do,trying to find a copy of YDL on ebay.
I did look at downloading it myself but was confused as hell as to what I should be downloading.

YDL is over 4GB as a download but the ubuntu PS3 version is under 700MB on P2P sites. Are you familiar with P2P usage? I'm downloading it today myself.

YDL5 is free so don't pay someone on ebay for it.

There's a link to a fast download in one of the threads.

Once you get the .iso file you'll need to burn it do a DVD if you didn't already know.

There's a link to a fast download in one of the threads.

Once you get the .iso file you'll need to burn it do a DVD if you didn't already know.

Found the faster link,I have doubled my % downloaded in about 10 mins :suicide:
Did know about the burning thing,thanks :smashin:
I cheated a bit and downloaded Getright first so I have managed to resume the download with the faster server.

I downloaded and ended up with a zip file,I unzipped it and this is what I got.
So I take it I just burn everything in this folder to a disc?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 51
I downloaded and ended up with a zip file,I unzipped it and this is what I got.
So I take it I just burn everything in this folder to a disc?

Think when I downloaded I just got a sigle .iso file which I mounted as a virtual drive then did a copy to a DVD with Nero. That does look like whats on my disk though.

Well my keyboard came today,its a bit flimsy and lightweight but seems to be perfectly okay for what I want.
I have just started my Linux install which so far seems to be pretty painless,there were a few moments when I thought it was locked up as it said wait a few minutes and it seems to take ages but all was well.
So far even for a relative computer novice like myself there have been no hiccups.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom