Wireless ip standalone camera

152bobby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just after some advice.

I would like to install a wireless IP CCTV camera that has a good app that is simple and will work on iOS and Android phones.

The simpler the better, as it will be used by my daughter and her uni friends for outside their front door. Just a extra piece of mind for me really

Not overly fussed about recording (either to the cloud or a internal SD card), but will be useful.

It's main function is really to see the dodgy people outside the front door before any of them answer.

The door does have a peep hole and chain, just after a little extra security and piece of mind.

I did look at the Ring doorbells, but that's a bit more than what I want to spend.

I'm in the UK and I don't mind trying a non branded one but I need one that has a decent length of power cable from the camera to a wall socket nearby and obviously half decent WiFi wireless connection to their router, just need some guidance.

Thanks

Well, as I'm the only parent concerned about students safety, I'm paying for it myself.

I really don't know, will £100 get me a decent one ? It's not being connected to a monitor, will just be used via a good app.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom