1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless interconnects

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Tonmeistermat, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Tonmeistermat

Tonmeistermat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, we are setting up a home A/V system and have put all our CDs on our network server in the study. We need to get the outputs at line level from the sound card on the server PC to the Amp/speakers in the living room, and would like to do it not using wires - any suggestions? We have a wireless network in the flat, and have considered a dedicated media PC (I've read the reviews on how to build one), but we've got about 6 computers already and would prefer not to have another! We will also use the system for 5.1 DVD, and would like to integrate that also...

Anyone got any clever ideas? :)

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    One of the forum sponsers, "I have to have it" do a device called a slim mp3 which is a mp3 station that you plug into your hifi and it can play mp3's or internet radio from broadband across your network, this can be done wired or wireless using access points.

This would save connecting the hifi and pc direct and will also allow control and selection from the sitting room.

I have no experience of this device but there is a bit of a discussion going on in the nusic forum about it.

Hope it helps

John

PS I want one!;)

3. Tonmeistermat

Tonmeistermat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks mate, that certainly sounds worth investigating! :)

4. cmax

cmax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Wonder if it could be used alongside some of the other solutions, this would be great for in the garden or next to the drive way whiist washing the car etc.

6. Tonmeistermat

Tonmeistermat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    That BT thing looks great! It would mean that you could access the same media in any room of the house! I doubt that the quality would be good enough for the main A/V system in the lounge, but this is certainly one to follow. Shame it's made by BT though...

Mat