1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Hifi

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by aceandy79, Oct 29, 2005.

1. aceandy79

aceandy79
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is the correct forum but it looked as good a place as any as it is to do with amplifiers primarily!
    I have seen an accessory for Ipods that connect to a stereo amplifier and can recieve music streamed wirelessly from a PC using ITunes. Are there any 'universal' products out there that can do the same thing? I have seen a couple that can be directly wired to a pair of speakers but I like the idea of it connecting to the amplifier so output can be controlled. I want to be able to play music on my PC and send it via wireless card to my amp in another room.

2. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,222
    what you can do is get a ROKU M1000 soundbridge or a squuezebox , they connec to your PC through a wireless connection, and you can access all the music you have on your PC , the ROKU connects directly to your itunes library so if you already have all your music stored on your PC you do not need any further software, if you havnt got itunes, you can use software provided or downloaded from the net to arrnage your music in a library and then you can borwse all the music on your PC via your ROKU or Squeezebox, they conenct to your amp via standard phono connections, i think this would be easier than playing the music on your PC and tarnsferring wirelessly. as you can play , skip browse etc all vai a remote. and you do not need to go near your PC

3. aceandy79

aceandy79
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shahedz, from what I've read the Roku boxes are very good and meet all my requirements, so I'll get me one of those.

4. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,222
    good stuff! i got one and love it!