1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Headset for Live or extension Cable?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by dgordon, Jul 23, 2004.

1. dgordon

dgordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I hope somebody can assist.

I am looking to get either a wireless XBox headset or an extension cable that will plug between the jack on the Live headset and the widget that plugs into the controller.

I have recently moved all of my AV gear (including XBox) into the cupboard under the stairs (15 month old twins being the reason!) and I am having to use a Logitech wireless controller to play. This is fine for off-line games but because the Logitech reciever unit plugged into the XBox controller port (in the cupboard) is where I have to insert the Live Headset I am a bit stuck (unless I sit in the cupboard to play).

I know that Hip Live are bringing out a wireless headset but not until October (in the US anyway) and I also know I may have an option to use a Nokia BlueTooth headset for non-bluetooth phones as this uses a 2.5mm jack to connect but this is expensive (£80) and will need charging every 3 hours!!!

This leads me to my last and cheapest option. An extension cable between the controller device in the cupboard and the headset (about 4 metres should do it). Does anyone know if there is such a thing available? I have enquired at Maplins and they seemed a bit unsure. I am also not sure that their cable supports both sounds and mic.

Does anybody have any other suggestion? I am desperate to get back onto live.

Many thanks in advance

Dave

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
  3. dgordon

dgordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. Thanks matey. Thats the one I am waiting for but still not available until October :(

In the meantime I wondered if anybody knew of an extension cable available anywhere. I could always try and get one custom built?

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    AFAIK the headset connector is just a mono-micro jack, so in theory you'd just need a male and female plug and a bit of wire and hey presto. Somewhere like Maplins or something, should have something like that.