Wireless Headset Ahhhhhhhh

andyb_68

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have followed the manual to the letter and can not get the headset the associate with Quardrant 1 (my controller)

Connecting (controller off)
It will say it has but the minute I put the controller on the headset disconnects

Connecting (controller on)

It will assign it to quardrant 2 every time

any ideas as I cant hold on for xbox support all night!!

apparently this is fairly common complaint, especially with older wireless controllers. best think I can suggest is to try plugging and unplugging wired headset whilst its turned on, then try again, I'm guessing it thinks theres a wired headset plugged in even when there isn't.

Saw a funny video of this on youtube,some guy ranting about it.It is obviously faulty,thankfully it has a rock solid warranty.Take it back and get it replaced.

dragon, thank you very much, it took a couple of attempts but that did indeed solve the problem.

As for MS support, god they need shooting.

40 min before I spoke to a guy that could not spell my surname (Brown!!)

Then his suggestion was take the headset back and get a new one, if that does not work then they will send me a new controller.

Once again Dragon many thanks, all I need to do now is get rid of the feedback!!

MS have said they will replace the controller. 10 day turnaround, I tried to explain the error of their ways but no use, So looks like I will have to purchase a new controller.

Just got of the phone with M$ regarding this and their going to replace my wireless controller too....although it's only about 4 months old (COD2 :blush:)....maybe a old batch :confused:

Anyway....result :D

Is it guarenteed not to work with old controllers? I have a launch day 360 and controller. I have the headset but its for xmas.

another one getting the headset for xmas and my controller is from feb time and the 2nd one is from few months back so hopefully works on at least 1!

I'm not getting the headset happy enough with the wired one. Anyway, the controller i got in the pack has a dull grey on the bottom, i bought a new controller maybe 2months back it has a shiny silver underside.

Don't know if that makes a difference?

Is it guarenteed not to work with old controllers? I have a launch day 360 and controller. I have the headset but its for xmas.

Not to sure......all i know is that a brand new one that came in a premium pack (two weeks old) works perfectly without any disconnects,interference,sync probs,etc,etc.
My previous one which i'm sending back to M$ (dead core) had all the listed problems and from what i've read/experienced it tends to be the older controllers.
Also a friend of mine who has a launch controller is experiencing the same problems....so he's getting on the phone to M$

:)

I have a launch day 360 with launch wireless controllers and the headset is faultless :smashin:

Nice one.....you must be one of the lucky ones :)

Maybe it's something to do with the autum update that hasn't installed itself properly as you needed the update to allow the wireless headset to work.

Just a thought :confused:

Interesting to know, at least confirms that that is the reason, with some old pads thinking they've got headset plugged in. maybe dirty connectors or something.. hmm, not had that problem at any rate, despite having a near launch pad, tho I have briefly lost synch a few times for a few seconds and gone to speakers, but automaticall resynched after that fine.

The guy in GS claims that you need the wireless network adapter for this to work, is this bull or what :confused:

The guy in GS claims that you need the wireless network adapter for this to work, is this bull or what :confused:

cowmanureNRCS.jpg

Do these people get any training for the products they sell :nono:

Does anyone have the same problem as me.

I thoguht the headset was supposed to turn off automatically when the controller turns off, but mine doesnt

To be fair its not too much of a chore, just would be nice.

:mad:

Hi I got my wireless headset for christmas been a few days now and no real problems but I have HAD to revert back to the wired headset as friends have complained of a noise constant on there side and we know its me because we each took turns to mute and when I muted the feedback cleared for them.

anyone know if this is common with wireless headset, how it can be fixed etc. .

Havnt readd anything above to long xD

Aparently the headset isnt really compatible with the original launch controllers and has that problem only way to fix it is to use a newer contorller really...

Aparently the headset isnt really compatible with the original launch controllers and has that problem only way to fix it is to use a newer contorller really...

This isn't true. I have a launch console & controller and the wireless headset works fine everytime.

I'm not saying that people aren't having problems, but it isn't directly related to the age of the controller.

what? so what do I do then lol £34 headset sitting here can't use because it gives horrible feedback to friends on live. .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom